Skip to main content Skip to footer

Beltrami County Veterans Services

Discharge Record

The Beltrami County Veterans Service Office considers a military discharge record to be one of the most crucial documents for a veteran.

For active military service, the discharge record is known as a DD214, while for National Guard service, it is referred to as an NGB22. If you possess a discharge document with an ink signature, it is highly advised to have it officially recorded.

If you currently hold the original discharge record, it is recommended that you submit it to the County Recorder's Office and/or the Veterans Service Office for recording.

Other documents you can request documents from your Official Military Personnel FileĀ 

  • DD215
  • Report of Separation
  • Other release papers

You can also request documents with information about your service, such as your:

  • Orders and endorsements
  • Performance reports
  • Awards and decorations (commendatory items)
  • Qualifications, licenses, and certificates
  • Security clearance

If, for any reason, you are unable to locate a copy of your discharge record, the best course of action is to reach out to the County Veterans Service Office or the County Recorder's Office.

They will provide valuable assistance in retrieving your document. However, please note that the process of obtaining a copy may take some time, so it is essential to initiate the search as soon as possible.

Remember, your discharge record is an important official document that proves your military service, and it may be required for various purposes, such as accessing veterans' benefits or applying for employment opportunities.

Contact Us

Veterans ServicesĀ 
616 America Ave. NW Ste 140
Bemidji, MN 56601

Phone: 218-333-4192

By appointment only

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.