Beltrami County Recorder's Office
Please consult a legal advisor for assistance on types of forms, how to complete forms or for legal advice. The Recorder's Office personnel cannot provide assistance in these areas as it is against the law to give legal advice unless you are a licensed attorney.
Please check the following BEFORE SENDING documents in for recording:
- Document dated
- Document signed & Notarized
- Full Legal Description (Tax Statements use brief legal descriptions and are not sufficient)
- Exhibits are attached as stated
- Drafted By: (include name and address)
- Filing fees (link to fees page)
- Document Standards
- White out is unacceptable on any legal document
- State Deed Tax included OR
- “Total consideration for this transfer is $3000 or less” ($1.65 payable to Auditor/Treasurer)
- Completed Certificate of Real Estate Value, if required
- Send Tax Statements to: (include name and address)
- No Delinquent Taxes owing
- Completed Well Disclosure Certificate OR one of the statements that apply:
- Seller certifies that seller does not know of any wells on the described real property.
- I am familiar with the property described in this instrument and I certify that the status and number of wells on the described real property has not changed since the last previously filed well disclosure certificate.
- Pursuant to a Contract for Deed: Buyer needs to certify to well status.
- Corrective Documents (new signatures and new acknowledgements along with a corrective statement and the original document that is being re-recorded)
- Mortgage Registration Tax Included
- If property is Torrens property must state “Torrens property” on document to assure it will be filed correctly.
MN Department of Commerce - Real Estate Information