Skip to main content Skip to footer

Beltrami County Recorder's Office

Frequently Asked Questions

You may request a copy either in person or by mail or fax with payment upfront. Copies are $1 per page. Copies can be mailed, faxed or emailed for an additional $5 service fee. You can purchase a certified copy for $10.  You pay at the counter at the time you pick up your document or pay by credit/debit card for an additional $2.00 convenience fee. 

Note: It is helpful if you know the approximate year the deed may have been recorded and the abbreviated legal description from the tax statement. A parcel I.D. number is also helpful, but please keep in mind that documents are recorded by the legal description, not the parcel I.D. number. (Parcel I.D. numbers are for tax purposes only.)

If you need the copy immediately, then you should use a credit card to search via the internet using  Tapestry.   You can print your copy right away or download to your computer.

 Minnesota Uniform Conveyance Blank forms are available from area attorney's offices or abstract/title companies or from  The Recorder's Office does not create any documents for liability reasons and we do not help fill out forms. (see above)

Note: If you are considering conveying only a portion of your property – you will need to contact the Recorders office at (218) 333-4170 prior to dividing your property and complete the Preliminary Parcel Division Request Form.

No. Please consult a legal advisor for assistance on types of forms, how to complete forms or for legal advice. The Recorder's Office personnel cannot provide assistance in these areas as it is against the law to give legal advice unless you are a licensed attorney.

The Recorder's Office's priority is to record documents that are presented to our office.  Our role is to archive the document that is presented for recording and to make it available for public viewing.  We are not to interpret documents that are recorded.  

Records can be viewed in the Beltrami County Recorder’s Office Monday through Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm. 

Records are also searchable online at  Tapestry.  24 hours a day, 7 days a week.                                                                                                   

We recommend that you do multiple separate searches: 

  • Legal description search
  • Name search (seller/buyer)
  • Parcel number search

Platted Torrens  described by a lot number, block number and plat name (ex. Lot 23 & 24, Block 13, Bemidji)

Unplatted Torrens described by section number, township number, range number and either by government lot or by forty (ex. Section 7 Township 146 Range 30 Lot 1)

Please call our office if you are not sure if your property is Abstract or Torrens.

Military discharges are also known as DD214’s and are recorded in the offices of the County Recorder. The military service organizations strongly suggest recording the form to ensure easy availability of a certified copy of this document if the original were to become lost or destroyed. Recording of military discharges and receiving certified copies are free. 

Pursuant to current statutes, any military discharge papers recorded in this office are restricted records and not available to the general public.   You will need to fill out a Request for Release of Private Data

And show picture identification to get copies or certified copies.   

If you did not record your DD214 form in our office you will need to contact our Veterans Service Office for assistance

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.