Geographical Information Systems (GIS) & Land Records
Jane Mueller, Division Director
The GIS/Land Records office is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, and technical support of the County’s GIS and Land Records (aka Survey) information. It is also responsible for the development and maintenance of all 911 addressing data.
Beltrami County's interactive web mapping service provides the ability to search, view and print a wide variety of geographic data including parcels, roads, aerial photography, elevation data, and much more. The system is used to locate and identify land features in Beltrami County for reference purposes only and is not to be construed or used as a legal description. The physical location of features is approximate and does not replace survey information. The user accepts the data ‘as is’ and assumes all risks associated with its use.
County wide 911 addressing has been in place since 2001. An address is needed for all habitable structures. If you are in the process of constructing or moving any type of temporary, seasonal, or year-round residential structure you will need an address for many reasons:
- 1. In the event you need to call for emergency services the 911 address will allow emergency responders to find you quickly.
- 2. Utility companies require a physical address.
- 3. The United States Post Office has adopted our addressing system for mail delivery.
- 4. Mortgages, insurance companies, well installers, and many other businesses now require a physical address.
- To be assigned an address you need to complete a 911 Address Application. The process generally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so please plan ahead. If you are applying for an address within the City of Bemidji, you need to contact the City GIS Coordinator at 218-759-3595 to begin that process.
- Survey/Land Records are available for review through the County's subscription based Property Management Portal for businesses.
GIS Information and Links:
County Administration Building
701 Minnesota Ave. NW Ste.219
Bemidji, MN 56601
Jane Mueller, GIS Director/911 Coordinator