Financial & Medical Assistance

Cash Assistance

To get cash assistance, you must complete a Combined Application Form in our office or on line at MN Benefits, meet the specific program guidelines and be within the income and asset guidelines.

Minnesota Family Investment Plan (MFIP) / Diversionary Work Program (DWP)

These cash programs are for low income families (families who have one or more children under age 19) and pregnant women.

General Assistance (GA) / Minnesota Supplemental Aide (MSA)

These cash programs are for adults without children, who have a serious illness, disability or other issues that limit their ability to work. 

For specific eligibility information about the above cash programs, see the State of Minnesota website.

Use the Eligibility Screening Tool provided by Bridge to Benefits to see if you or someone else may be eligible for public work support programs. It will ask you a few simple questions but will NOT ask you for information that identifies you. It's easy, confidential and free!